I NEED TO CHANGE MY GT!!!

Yeah iv'e tried to change my new "free" gamertag both on my console and online, please get this fixed, ZodiacalComet1? Cmon!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

you can only do it from the console and only if you had a game tag created for you when you started a new account and you only had 30 days to do it.  if you did not do it by the 30 days you are gonna have to pay to have it changed, sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you do it online and go to the change gamertag section, do you type over what is in there already or hit change first?

You can change the randomly generated tag on xbox.com, but you have to hit change gamertag and then it'll take you to an actual field you can type in.

If you are trying and it won't let you change it, I'd suggest notifying support so they can make a note on your account and if you by pass the time frame, they may be able to escalate for a forced name change. Depends on the agent, I suppose.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Zodiacal - we're currently aware of an issue with some users being unable to change their Gamertags. We are investigating this issue and hope to have a fix soon. We appreciate your patience in the meantime! I will update this thread as soon as I have any further information. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey all - we've identified the issue and have applied a fix. Can you test and see if you are now able to change your Gamertag? Let us know! Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.