I need to access a browser to connect to the internet

I just moved to a new apartment with its own network.  I've connected to the network via an ethernet cable but I fully connect to the internet without going through a browser and entering a voucher code.  Is there anyway I can put IE on my 360 with a jump drive or does any one have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Sounds like you have some sort of re-direct that you have to accept before you're allowed to browse the web.  There is a built in browser with bing however, in the long run you may need to use Windows Internet Connection Sharing.

Here is a link.

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you can connect to the internet, and you are able to get xbox live up and running, you should be able download the IE browser that xbox live offers for free. But if you can not connect to xbox live, then no, you can not put any files other than game saves and gamer profiles onto your xbox with a flash/jump drive. Also, the link ZERO G put up is a good link. i've used it before for my problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there IAteYourLunch!

I'm a bit confused. Let's see if I get this right. Do you need a browser (web client login) to access your Internet connection?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you need to do a confirmation before it will allow your xbox, then you need another device such as a laptop or a connection on a smart phone first.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like you need a computer with 2 network ports. Plug one into the internet of your apartment. Plug your xbox into the second. Do the client confirmation through the computer. after that is done, go to network settings and link the 2 network ports where the internet passes through your computer to the xbox. Here is a simple set of instructions for you that should help you out. www.dummies.com/.../how-to-share-an-internet-connection-in-windows-7.html

Sorry this didn't help.