I need some advice what settings I should put for my tv.

I cant List specifications because lets face it. It will be a wall text so im just going tell you the model number, company, and screen type. Toshiba LCD Television model 22C100U.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can change any settings you want on the Xbox or TV. You will only get banned if you actually open up the Xbox and make changes to the hardware inside.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Bottomless Bag"]

...Toshiba LCD Television model 22C100U.

[/quote]

According to the Google research I did, this is a 720p TV with a native resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. So if possible, to avoid scaling that would "unsharpen" the image, tell the Xbox to ignore the settings that the HDMI signals tells the console, and try to set it to that resolution of 1366x768 pixels. If that is not possible, leave it at 720p.

Also turn off any image enhancement settings of the TV like 100Hz, PixelPerfect, or whatever they call it. If the TV has a dedicated gaming mode, use it when playing on the Xbox. The reason for that is: 100Hz settings or image enhancers take the picture signal of the console, and run it through those enhancers, which will cost time.

On a "passive" medium like a TV show or movie, it won't matter if the movie is a few milliseconds "behind". However when playing action or rhythm games, the image you see on TV with enhancers on, is an image "of the past", and the console is a few milliseconds ahead.

Meaning: If you see a bullet in front of your player, or a note in Guitar Hero hitting the mark, that bullet already hit you in the console, and the note is already past the line for the console.

For everything else (like Colorspace or other HDMI settings: Try it out. If your image quality significantly decreases, set it back. Otherwise you won't see much of a difference.

If you really want the best image settings possible, get yourself a THX mastered DVD (like for example the Indiana Jones Trilogy or something like that), and play the THX calibration part of the DVD. This will help you set the best settings for image clarity.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your TV can take a 1080p signal then set your console to display that first. After that play around with the settings until you get something you like. If your TV has presets for gaming then use that.

Sorry this didn't help.

So your saying that the way it Increases hertz for the gaming wont get me banned? I was thinking since I am modifying the signal by tv settings that I would get banned.

Sorry this didn't help.