I NEED HELP

So when i made my account me being a genius mispelt my email address. like *** Email address is removed for privacy ***    you see? i forgot an i. i need to know how to change this. i tried following support but it wants to send an email to an address that does not exist! There is my dilemma. PLease help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You should be able to change your email to your Xbox Live account without having an email sent to the old one; as long as you have your password to your correct email.

If you have problems, try calling up phone support; they could get it sorted out quicker.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i do not understand. where would i go to do this? i searched all over the xbox place and could not find it.

Sorry this didn't help.

The first thing you'll want to do is create a new Microsoft account (not xbox account) with the email with the correct spelling. You can do this at account.live.com. Just create a new account there, but do not take that account to anything Xbox or else it will give you a random gamertag.

Once you have the account there, on your xbox, go to the settings tab > profile > account security > change Microsoft account. Follow the prompts there. It will ask for current password, new account and new password. Once you complete that it will take 30 days for the transfer to fully happen. This is to ensure if someone is trying to steal your account you have 30 days to call to support before everything gets changed which makes finding your account harder, especially if they changed the gamertag and email.

Sorry this didn't help.

ah thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.