I need help regarding a gamertag

Okay, so I'm going to start off by saying I think buying and selling gamertags for any reason is one of the dumbest things ever.

BUT

I've had the nickname "Syn" for many, many years. I've always wanted the gamertag Syn on xbox live. I've had many variations of the gamertag since I can't actually have the gamertag. Its been a silver account for as long as I can remember. Is there anyway I can find out who owns the gamertag? (Via internet or Xbox live).

This is kind of a last ditch effort for an answer as to how I could, if I even can, get this gamertag. 

If anyone has any suggestions, leave a response or message me on Xbox at "Syn Plays Xbox". Thanks :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There's nothing you can do.

No one can tell you who has that gamertag & if it says it's taken then thats it.

Remember gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live so you can't know for sure if the tag is not being used somewhere else.

I kinda figured, I've spent three years trying to get the gamertag.

Have you ever heard of anyone or anything that lets you view a blocked friends list? I figure that would be my last shot at finding out who owns the tag, if, as you said, it is not being used somewhere else. Thanks for any feedback <3

If a friends list is hidden then there is no way to see who's on it.

Would defeat the object of hidding your friends list.

Like i said,there is no way that you can get that gamertag if it says it's already taken.

Hey there

Like Daft has already suggested. You can use a gamertag for Windows 8 for playing games, or even for Xbox Music and Video. This player may not even be playing Xbox Live. You will just have to wait until the player changes his name, and then you will be able to have the name for your self.

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

[quote user="SunkNath"]Hey there

Like Daft has already suggested. You can use a gamertag for Windows 8 for playing games, or even for Xbox Music and Video. This player may not even be playing Xbox Live. You will just have to wait until the player changes his name, and then you will be able to have the name for your self.[/quote]Windows 8 games appear on your gamertag just as Xbox games do. Angry Birds Star Wars being the first on my played list for example.

Windows Phone and GFWL titles also appear on your gamertag just as an Xbox game would do.

So the only thing they could be using it for is Xbox Video and Music on Windows 8. They don't appear on your Activity list.

Thanks for that. I haven't played on Games for Windows Live yet nor Windows 8 Games

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Hope you find the answer to your question who is really bothered by your question! It's a gamertag name get a life! Who actually cares?

Syn Plays Xbox, why don't you change it to Syn x?

[quote user="MR SM0OTH"]Who actually cares?[/quote]You obviously do or you would not have felt the need to post.

MR SM0OTH

It is a gamertag question on a forum governed by the company that provide the service to the gamertags. Nothing wrong at all in wanting a gamertag and asking a question about it. I would love to rid myself of the '900' on the end of my gamertag but I cant because that tag is already taken. I know the rules and the way it works but the threads author was a little unsure so he created this thread. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Thank you guys for jumping on this :)