I need help nat problem

Well i have a linksys network everywhere model nh1005, which is a model that does not show up on portforward.com, and a linksys wrt54gs, and a embarq  router 660 series. I have tried to forward the ports on the linksys wrtg54s model which worked for a while. For at least 2 hours it stayed on open then the connection I was getting was horrible. Soon after i found out that it went back to strict which was really confusing because on the website for the linksys the ports i entered were still there and the other changes i was told to do on portforward.com. Another problem it caused was that when everyone else in my house that tried to use a computer would not load up a page. The sign for wireless on the screen of the laptop would say they have connection but as soon as they type a website like facebook it would says the connection is out. So then following my dads advice i went from the linksys wrtg54s model to the linksys network everywhere model h1005. That one, when i checked, was set to strict. But as mentioned before that model doesnt show up on portforward.com. So just by looking at models like it I checked its website and enabled upnp. It worked aswell but same as the other linksys model the connection wouldnt work for the other people using internet. It also mentioned to change something on he linksys network everywhere model to change its mode from routing to bridge. So yeah that i am facing would like to recieve some help for the linksys networkeverywhere nh1005 model how to get open nat type and to stay open nat type.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Your problem may be the embarq 660.  That device is both a router and a modem in one device.   If you have not already done so, you need to put the embarq in "bridge" mode before you can successfully use another router behind it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How can i do that. Thanks also!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry i mean it did help but there is one other thing i checked it out i got it to be open but some games like fifa 11 need certain ports to be open and when i enter them it always says duplicate port. ThAnks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Now that you have the 660 in bridge mode, try removing any Port forwarding entries and DMZ entries in your router and just enable UPnP by itself.     That should allow "any" ports needed to be opened automatically.

Sorry this didn't help.

I put it in bridge mode and every computer cant log on to the wireless connection how can i make it bridge mode and not make everyone loose connection

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to be clear you bridging the 660 aren't you? That should have no effect on your wireless clients.  Unless Embarq/Centurylink have changed things recently you do not need to enter PPPoE details into your router.

Also.. the nh1005 is a switch, where does that fit in?

If you have it like this 660 modem --- WAN port of the WRTG54S that set-up should work fine with the 660 modem in bridge mode

Sorry this didn't help.