I might be getting hacked

A couple  weeks ago some guy sent me a message with all my account info the only thing missing was my name and account password. the reason i am writing is because tonight he joined my party again and started saying some unusual things to me.But then at the end of the party he said remember when i sent you your account info???? i responded "Yes"........ he then said" well that was your account being hacked." I was not the only who got the message with the account info either my other friend recieved it too. I really dont know what to do because i think he really might hack me and i have some credit card info on this account. and he might try to use or soemthing. Please HELP!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

He's bluffing. If he hasnt stolen your account yet then he cant. As you said the info he sent you didnt include your password or name so he more than likely doesnt know this info.

Please have a read through this page www.xbox.com/.../Account-Security this will help you with info on how to keep your account secure.

And just to be safe, change your account password and make it a strong one so include numbers, higher case letter and special characters.

And remember, when some says they are going to hack your account they are lying, unless you have given them your email and password. Report them and block them. Then you should be safe!

Hope that helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If the information he sent you included your Live ID email then it will be a good idea to change the windows Live ID associated with your account as well as the password just to be safe 

Sorry this didn't help.

This'd also be a good time to go through your social network based accounts (Facebook et al) and remove any reference to your GT from them. If you've got a YouTube account then check that as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

Like the others mentioned, I would advise to check your privacy settings and change your password and security settings just to be safe.
But keep in mind, that the hacking part might still be a bluff
And if you feel threatened for being hacked take a look at this link
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/26/p/19139/121140.aspx#121140

In addition I would suggest you to block communications with him

How to block or avoid a user can be found on this link

support.xbox.com/.../chat-terms-of-use-conduct

Sorry this didn't help.