I, like everyone else, keep getting disconnected.

Yeah, you all know how it goes so I'm just going to skip to the bold stuff

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Florida
Modem brand & model number:
N/A
Router brand & model number:
N/A
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired
Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
N/A
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
 N/A
Things you have tried: Not much I can try, I just plug my ethernet cable into the wall and it goes. 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? Yep
Any Error Codes you encounter: XBOX_LIVEERROR (sometimes, othertimes, no message whatsoever aside from saying I've been disconnected)
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? I think it's a T1 line. I live in an apartment complex so it makes sense that's it.
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Brighthouse Cable
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? I haven't looked yet, but I'll let it disconnect itself and edit this in later.

So yeah, I can play for ~15 minutes or less sometimes and then I get randomly disconnected like Casper is down there playing with my ethernet cord. I run my ethernet chord straight from the back of my XBox to my plug in the wall. That isn't a problem though, because when I run it with my Laptop I don't have any connection problems at all. I have checked the plugs on both ends and they are pushed in all the way. I went a solid week of not having connection issues and then all of a sudden like 3-4 days ago I started having these problems and it's really annoying, really frustrating and essentially wasting money for me, which is also frustrating. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-4840

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

this is the error code

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So you have no access to the router or modem at all? There isn't a box somewhere in a closet or utility room that controls it? If you are unsure, or there isn't, contact your apartment management and see if they can assist you with anything relating to the mode/router. Also ask if there are any restrictions, such as gaming or the Xbox specifically. You may also have them power cycle it while they're there.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just checked our utility closet and there is a router in there and a modem and ***. I'll contact them tomorrow and reply back if they have't solved the problem. There aren't any restrictions console specific, because my friend has an XBox 360 as well and lives in the same complex and his works fine. I called the phone company and it's either a burned out Ethernet port or it's some bad wiring in the utility closet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still not fixed. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them since I'm basically losing money.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to double post, but there isn't an edit button. That being said, I just tried to connect it to the Ethernet port in my living area and I had the same thing, only I didn't get disconnected for a few minutes longer, giving me that false sense of hope. I'm not sure it's an XBOX hardware problem though because I don't get any error message and when I do the Test XBOX Live connection, I get no error message or anything like that, and it connects fine, then I get disconnected another 15 minutes later. I honestly have no idea what is causing this and I'm not sure what type of router or modem I have. It's a Netgear of some type, but it came with the apartment and they don't leave much information about that stuff.

Sorry this didn't help.