I keep losing wireless connection every 30 minutes or so but am able to reconnect again straight away.

I purchased a wireless adapter the other day. I can connect fine but every 30 minutes i lose connection.This is happening repeatedly. I reconnect 30 minutes later I lose the connection again, and again. The annoying thing is I can connect again straight away and my internet on my laptop doesn't lose connection either. I really am getting annoyed now, anyone got any suggestions.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i took the speed net test and got these results

ping - 50 ms

download speed - 2.97 Mbps

upload speed - 0.38 Mbps

i checked and this seems all right for Xbox live. I have opened ports(53,80,88,3074) anymore i could open? nat is open, upnp is enabled. i think it might be a security thing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Where did you check that those speeds were OK? I would say they are definitely on the low-side, especially your upload. When playing online, the sending of information is just as important as the receiving. Try calling up your ISP and see if it is too low and if they could speed it up a bit.

Sorry this didn't help.