I keep getting the "disc is unreadable" error on a downloaded game every so often.

So a few months back, whilst playing Battlefield 3, the Xbox made a strange noise and I pulled the disc out scratched, and got a "disc is unreadable" error.

That's pretty understandable. I borrowed my friend's copy of Battlefield, downloaded it to a flash drive, and continued on. It worked fine after that, and it has since early December. This week, however, it would occasionally give me the previously mentioned error, despite the fact that the game is downloaded onto my Xbox. What's causing this, and how can I prevent it from continuing? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey,

Some content is still read off of the disc even though it is downloaded to the console, or in your case the USB. My suggestion would be to try another copy of the game, and if that works you will most likely just want to purchase another copy to replace the scratched one.

PJ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have just got mw3 and everytime i go into a game it say disc is unreadeable so i was wondering if you could help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.