I keep getting kicked from x box live

I keep getting kicked from x box live. i've just changed modem, and checked to see if it closed the ports. but all seems good. but i still keeps happening.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you have changed the modem because it was kicking you off and its still not working then it could be your internet. Maybe get in touch with your internet service provider and see what they think. Also here is a very useful page of information for you. support.xbox.com/.../performance    Good Luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there!

Could you perform a XboxLIVE connection test and tell us if you get any errors in the process of doing so. If you do, have a look at the Connection Errors page and all the errors in there should provide relevant solutions!

Keep us updated!

Sorry this didn't help.

Re-download your profile. (sign out then press download profile)

Clear system cache.  (system settings >storage > press y on memory unit > clear system cache)

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="unphasedninja"]I keep getting kicked from x box live. i've just changed modem[/quote]Appreciate if you can post up the make and model of your modem and router. Are using wireless or wired connection type with your console? If wireless, state whether your are using the external wireless network adapter, (black or white) or the internal wireless N adapter (Xbox 360 Slim).

Restore your Xbox network settings to factory defaults. Restart your console and test your Xbox LIVE connection.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

its prolly that the modem is running slow try to power cycle it and that might work

the way you do that is leave the modem on but unplug it from addapter for

20 sec and you should be good .also put it on metal and somewhere close

to a window .

Sorry this didn't help.

a few quick questions...

Are you only getting kicked off when playing a single play game or does it also kick you off when playing some multiplayer?
Does it sign you off when you're streaming from Netflix? (if you use it)
When it signs you out, does it let you sign in as soon as you click sign in or does it force you to reset to the dash or even restart the console?
Did you recently get a combo modem+wifi router from Comcast?

This is something I recently encountered...so hopefully it could provide some insight for you.

My cousin used to have his regular modem from Comcast and his own router, everything was fine. He got the triple play with and they gave him the combo router.
He noticed that every time he would play a single player game like Tomb Raider, it would always sign him out...but he could easily sign in by selecting connect on the guide.

The funny thing is that when he plays Need For Speed single player, it never happens and I figure it's because even though you're in solo mode, the game is always active thanks to EA nation and all of the constant leaderboard updates and competing against friends and rivals.

When he went back to Tomb Raider, it never signs out when we are in a chat...but if he isnt in a chat, the same thing happens. He figured it was happening since there was no activity going on.

I briefly browsed a few comcast forums and saw a bunch of complaints about the combo modem+router due to the firmware they use on them...and for the people who reverted to the older modem with a separate router never had issues again.

Sorry this didn't help.