i keep getting an email invalid message when i try and join xbox live on my xbox

i made an acc on here, but only bcuz my xbox refuses to let me join live. everytime i enter in my email , regsrdless of what email it is, it says that the email is not valid.. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, D: ive had my xbox for a good yr now and ive never even been able to go on live, im starting to think that getting the headset and everything was a waste of money :C

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Atom! Can you please walk us through the exact steps you are taking to create an account? Also, how many different email addresses have you tried? Also, since you created this account on the web, you can try downloading it to your console to use by following these steps (forums.xbox.com/.../153143.aspx). Let us know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Atom......let me see if I can shed some light on your situation. If you are creating an account on the Xbox console, using an email that has already been created and is @live.com, @hotmail.com, or @msn.com then you should have no problem. However, if you are using an email address that is @anywhere else , for instance @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc then you MUST first go to login.live.com and start there. Once at that site you will click on the Sign Up link. That will bring you to the next page asking you if you already have an email address to use, select yes and then continue. Go through the sign up process by entering all of your information. When done it will send an email to the address that you used so that you can validate whether or not it's a good email address. Access that email account (check junk mail and spam folder) look for the email and click on the link that it will contain. Once that email is validated then you should have no problem creating an account on your Xbox console. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

make sure its a valid email because if you ever have to recover the password

it will be alot easier to recover

also keep your info upto date

and enable all reset options including secret answer secret question and trust phone and pc

Sorry this didn't help.