I just upgraded to the family gold plan...DLC question

Can my family members use the DLC that I have bought with the original gold account I had.  It seems like the answer is yes but when the new gamertags are logged in, the pay for download box keeps coming up.  So how can I make my dlc spread across my family, and yes we all use the same console!  Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

They can use it on the console it was first downloaded on, on another console they will have to purchase it themselves.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All of my content has been on this xbox and it still asks them to pay to download, is there a process to go through of making the content available across the gamertags?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you ever swapped consoles?

You'll need to do a license transfer to make the content 'belong' to your current 360.

Sign in with your account, press the Guide button on your controller and go to the Settings blade of the mini-dash. Here pick Account Management.

On this screen you will see the option for License Transfer. Select that and in a couple of button presses the process will be almost complete.

You'll now need to set the content to download again in order to refresh the license. Don't worry about download time, if it is already on your machine then all that will be grabbed are the new license files.

Now they should have access to the DLC. 

Sorry this didn't help.