I just did the update and now my aftermarket controllers don't work

They turn on for a quick time. They recognize slot 1, then turn off. My MS controllers work fine, but the sticks are all busted on them and unusable.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ms needs to fix this patch for their wheel users. If my Fanatec wheel doesn't work after all I have poured so much money/time, I won't be happy. FIX IT.

I know a slew of people who use them and If id doesn't get fixed, will jump the good ship Xbox.

Yeah , and the range of Fanatec wheels are fully licensed too , and there is a problem with those now too .

Unfortunately, they also managed to break all manufacturer's (including their own) forcefeedback racing wheels.  None of them work any more, regardless of the game they are used on.

I hope less RAPID-FIRING controllers work in the Future...sorry, I bought a new CHROME Blue controller from MS and it works just fine :) and is shiny

It's NOT about banning Turbo Controllers.  

Microsoft Officially Licenses TURBO Controllers, Pads and Sticks on the Xbox 360 from Manufacturers such as Hori and MadCatz. All of which are NOT affected by this System Update.

Such as;

Hori Turbo Pad EX

Hori Turbo Pad EX 2

Madcatz Microcon

Hori Arcade Stick - multile versions

Madcatz Fightpad - multile versions

MadCatz Brawlpad - multile versions

MadCatz Fightstick - multile versions

MadCatz Brawlstick- multile versions

MadCatz Joystick

This is about disabling DATEL Controllers that bypass Microsoft's wireless tech used on their licensed and OEM Xbox 360 controllers. DATEL already has the system and people in place to work on and release a firmware update for the controllers to bypass whatever it is that Microsoft has done in this latest System Update.

Don't believe me that Microsoft supports and endorses Turbo Controllers? Here's a snippet of a Major Nelson podcast with former Xbox LIVE Policy Enforcement Chief Stephen Toulouse:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuCct7C1q5A]

yip yip hooray X3.

Finally something positive in the forums ;)

[quote user="Endgamez"]

I'm glad Microsoft gimped those cheats' tools.

Anyone who plays with a rapid-fire controller should be banned outright.

[/quote]

+1

I'm glad Microsoft gimped those cheats' tools.

Anyone who plays with a rapid-fire controller should be banned outright.

If I had my guess its because Datel doesn't obtain a license to sell 360 products and MS is putting a stop to ANYONE making 3rd party products without a license.  It's not MS being petty, every other company out there does this (even Sony).