I just bought a new xbox today and I can't get past the Update Screen .. can I get an official response?

I ran all troubleshooting tasks .. thanks for that ..

now what is going on?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You're probably best to speak directly to Support.

There is a link to "Support" at the top of this page.  The bit that says "Support.

Barring that let us know what you got with the update.

What you should get is a message saying "It's time to update".

Then a green bar will fill as the update downloads.

Then the XBox will restart and you get another green bar that fills up as the update is applied.

At the end of it... you may notice your controller has turned off.

Turn it back on and the update should finish.

If it doesn't work like that then you need to speak to professional tech support.

Az

I believe there are issues withy live service which will affect updates. Your guys xbox's are ok. Patience I know it sucks. Also you can try the offline update it is working for some.

I'm having the same problem. If yours starts to work or you find out how to fix it please inform me

No point going into support forums never get an official reply, but basically updates are broken, they are fixed when they are fixed,

You want a quick fix that May or may not work, buy a 2gb USB stick at your expense

[quote user="mexico66"]

No point going into support forums never get an official reply, but basically updates are broken, they are fixed when they are fixed,

You want a quick fix that May or may not work, buy a 2gb USB stick at your expense

[/quote]

It's worth noting that the people who work for "Xbox Support" work for XBox Support and this guy doesn't.

Mexico....a person will have a better chance getting somewhere with support than here....posting in the general forum about a technical issue (like a bricked console) you would do better yelling out your window, they are not listening here.

Lol it is posted on the support forum,

It doesn't matter that the people work for support, they don't reply on the support forum, there are multiple threads on this on there, not one reply.

You have the same chance of reply here as support, as yelling out of your window, or  writing it on a kitten.

That is zero, as when they have an issue they lock down, and don't reply

Azreal, the reply that it's fixed when fixed, the updates are not working came from support on the phone, I do not work for them, no, but I can pass the info on,

At least it's a reply,

Basically every 3-4 hrs try again, don't chase it up it won't happen any faster but they will fix it in the end.

Thanks Mexico. I'll wait a day keep trying and if anything send the thing back and wait a few months