I have to change my Gamertag

Gamertag: BxMxF Freaky

When I signed into xbox live I received a message saying that I must change my gamertag.  My gamertag doesnt contain anything offensive and I received no information via email or through customer service.  Not only did I have to change my gamertag, but all my friends that also had BxMxF in their gamertag had to change it also.  Could we please be informed why we had to change our gamertag?  I received a reference number from customer support: 1159420081.  

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

The user is just a Microsoft Impersonator, the XBLPET wouldn't message you via Xbox LIVE.

Just file a complaint in the field of Text Message, Block Communications and avoid the user.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didnt receive a message from another user.  Let me rephrase it.  I received a prompt from xbox live and I had to change my gamertag and I couldnt login to xbox live until I actually changed it.  I want to know why I was forced to change my gamertag when it did not contain anything that violated the tos

Sorry this didn't help.

I suggest posting here, forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx to see why the XBLPET had your account a FNC.

Sorry this didn't help.

Because context is everything. Since no one knows exactly what the BMF stands for it can be taken several different ways. One of which violates the Code of Conduct "Bad Mother(insert dirty word here)(Insert other dirty word here)".

It may not stand for the above, but again context is everything.

Also, you are lucky you are just getting a FNC. They could take action against you and your 'friends' for participating in modded lobbies. That action alone warrants a permanent account ban from XBL. That means everything tied to that account is forfeit including; gamer score, game saves, ms points, Live time and download content. Would you rather have that?

Actually I'm hoping it comes to that now that you posted here for the entire community to see that you are part of a modding community. We, the legit gamers, don't tolerate nor condone cheating/modding of any kind anywhere on XBL.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you HAD to change your GT to log in then someone at  XBLPET forced you to. Pretty much does not matter now.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Could possibly be because "BMF" means "Bad Mother <insert F-Bomb here>". 

Sorry this didn't help.