I have to change my gamertag for no reason. I don't understand.......

I haven't played in like a week and i go on today and it says i have been disconnected from xbox live and the only way to get back on is to change my gamertag. i know people that get pissed off because i beat them at black ops they get unsportmans like and report me for no reason. I don't even use a mike on there and even if i had one i wouldn't say mean things to anyone else. I called your support line and even the guy there said my gamertag wasn't really offesive so he agreed someone had just don't it to be mean. i don't want to change my gamertag at all so if u guys could void the manditory gamertag change i would reallly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You would need to post here to find out why you had to change your gamertag - forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx   They are the ones who handle those issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Probably the MOFOs part of your GT considering what it's commonly shorthand for.

Sorry this didn't help.

I concur VernierSlake.  I think it's MOFOs.  I would also suggest creating a tag that does not have swearing/etc. in it to prevent this in the future.  OP, be aware that if they have to force a name change enough times they will ban your account entirely.

Sorry this didn't help.

Because I know what the excuses will likely be I'll say this as well; self censoring of swear words does not excuse you from the rules, neither does your personal opinion on what is & isn't offensive and whenever creating a GT you have to be aware of double meanings.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mercin, I agree that you shouldn't have to change your GT.   It is pre-censored.  Period.  

The Xbox 360 is a system that plays video games with: swearing, violence, death, and sexual content.  The only players who would ever even see your GT, are those who have internet access and have already exposed themselves to far worse.  Anyone who would be offended by your GT, shouldn't be watching T.V., let alone playing video games.  They should hide themselves away from the real world, where they might accidentally encounter another abbreviation that offends their delicate nature.

Honestly, you probably just made some kids (who's parents are letting them play a 'Mature' title) mad by killing them in COD and they tried to get their revenge the only way they could..   by crying to someone else.

It is painfully stupid, but that's what we have to deal with when playing with over-sensitive people who can't handle

a loss.

To all the people who think abbreviating a swear word is offensive:  Don't turn on your radios!  You might hear music, and many of those songs have lyrics with the EXACT same form of self-censorship.

Sorry this didn't help.

The rules you agree to on signing up and I quote here say everything to do with your account has to be E for Everyone. Everything you can and cannot put in your bio, GT, motto etc is clearly laid out in the terms you're given the opportunity to read before signing up as well as any time you want on your console or on here. If you don't agree with the rules you shouldn't have signed up and no not reading the rules does not mean they don't apply to you regardless of your take on whether or not anyone reads them.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="VernierSlake"]

Your account has to be E for Everyone. 

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.

ok thank you. but i agree with both of u. i understand that mofo means *** but like life stop said were surrounded by everything like that everyday. i know that it had to be someone reporting me because i know people do that alll the time for a FACT.

Sorry this didn't help.

whether you agree with the PET's decision or not, the fact remains that you must change your GT before you will be allowed back online.  As I said earlier, make sure to change it to something sensible or you will find yourself in this situation again.

Sorry this didn't help.

plus too many forced name changes can cause forfeiture of the account and ALL dlc

Sorry this didn't help.