I have done everything under the sun to get party chat and in game chat to work, still wont work

I have spent the last month and every day trying to get chat to work. I even had an open NAT but people still couldnt hear my voice through my headset. I can hear people talking, I can host games and chats and play multiplayer but no one can hear me. I've port forwarded, bridged my modem, tallked to my ISP trying to get it fixed for hours and even had them use my computer to try and fix the issue with no success. I bought a brand new router thinking that might fix the issue but it didnt. I've tried new controllers and headsets still nothing has worked. I'm beyond frustrated. I talked to the company that supplied my router and had to spend $30 for them to try and troubleshoot it which turned out to be a mistake. I'm tired of this. I do have a PS4 which ironically has not experienced any issues like this in the entire time I've owned it. I just dont understand why microsoft decided to make such an integral part of xbox so difficult to function correctly. I really dont want to switch ISP because there is no guarantee I wont have the same issues. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

If you can host and join parties, you nat is open, it's clearly something realted to the hardware. My best guess would be the headset have a faulty mic. Is it a 3rd party hardware?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.