I have been hacked.

Well, I was careless somewhere and left my information somewhere for somone to get it. I'm not sure who recovered my tag but seems to have happened on Spet 26, they managed to spend about 1000 points on something and played fifa12. anyway to figure out where my account went and get my points back?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I should of added I have recovered my account back but anyway to recover my points?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there. You should change your password immediately and contact Xbox Support via phone to raise the issue. (support.xbox.com/call-us)

Sorry this didn't help.

Contact support to they can start an investigation

Sorry this didn't help.

I just found out today that my account has been hacked as well...

All of my MS points are gone, and my PW was changed.

XBL support was very helpful, and it is now under investigation.

Strange though, my stuff was also used to gain things for Fifa12

Sorry this didn't help.

@GNARRKILLA CHAP - Yes this seems to be a common issue at the moment, peoples accounts get broken into and their MS points get spent on Fifa 12 DLC. Maybe its just the little no life kids that get into the accounts all play Fifa lol.

Sorry this didn't help.

My passwords were changed as soon as I found out, will have to wait till tommorow for a call.

Sorry this didn't help.

no point contacting support they are useless.  I am just off my 25 day investigation and they have said wrong information added to the orginal call and I will have to wait another 25 days.  Not acceptable.  I will now be canceling my two live accounts for my household.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a very common issue at the moment; I've heard reports that it's either a vulnerability in EA's customer support email system, whereby a certain string of code emailed to them will return anyone's EA Account details, or that EA's phone support are being social-engineered into giving out account details. Given how widespread and systematic this seems to be, I'd guess it's the former - an automated vulnerability, rather than social engineering.

Regardless, the hack is always the same: once the account details are obtained, several large-value points packs are bought using a linked credit card or PayPal account, until Microsoft's automatic suspicious activity detector locks down the account for purchasing too many packs at once. The password to the account is then changed, and sold on places like eBay. The purchaser can then log in to the account and buy whatever they want; the DLC or games are then usable on their main gamertag.

The FIFA 12 connection may simply be because it's a very popular game, especially amongst young people, whose parents may be unwittingly buying these "great deals" on MS Points via eBay, not knowing or understanding that they're being sold someone's account details and that this is Wrong. FIFA  12 Ultimate Team packs are only sold via the in-game DLC menu, and buying one will result in the related achievements being unlocked, hence why most hack victims have a few FIFA 12 achievements on their profile.

I was confused as to how the EA Account details would yield access to someone's Xbox Live account - then I remember (or seem to) that some EA games will prompt the user to link an EA Account the first time they try to go online with an EA title. The user isn't given the opportunity to change the username and password - a linked EA Account is simply created based on the user's Xbox Live details. I remember mine being created when I used "The Simpsons Game" for the first time. Lots of people on these forums are blaming the hacked users, saying things like "You shouldn't reuse your passwords!" when this isn't actually the case.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bottom line is if your account has been compromised at all you need to call support support.xbox.com/.../contact-us. Tell them what is going on. They will open a Unauthorized access case on the account. It may take 25 days or even longer. Even if it takes 60 days at least you know they are doing all they can to get your account back to you. They can not just give it to you because you say its your account.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had my account hijacked on friday the 28th, Seems to be happening to thousands, if not more. Now im stuck with Fifa 11 achievements and a sour taste in my mouth of XBOX live.

At least the playstation people got some freebies and an honest apology, we are just getting the run around and told to take better care of our account.

Sorry this didn't help.