I have been getting error code "8b010010" for a week now. (marketplace)

Hi,

i just renewed my xbox account to Live Gold about 1week ago, and since then the only thing i have been able to do is chat with friend and play the games i already own, which t be honest is VERY bad service, i pay to use your service and now i cant use ANY of your services................

The thing i really want t use is the marketplace, but EVERYTIME i try to enter it i get the errorcode "8b010010" and it says the content is unavailabe and its starting to **** me off.
I fix the RROD for a 3rd (thx microsoft) time which cost me as a student a small fortune, and i pay for xbox live gold, but i cant use ANY of the content except the chat function.

So plz tell me what to do about this!

I use the same internet, 100mb fiber, for my regular computer and it works without any problems all the time, but nothing in live works.

/HenniX

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

No one can help me?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried adding items from the marketplace on xbox.com using your computer? They should then download to your console the next tine you turn it on. Ok I know it's not a fix but it has worked for me when I have had that error.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

As I am not 100% familiar with this exact error code, I did do some searching for you about the issue and came up with these options..

Have you tried to use other storage media, such as a USB drive or a different hard drive?

NOTE: Clicking on the "Microsoft KBxxxxxx" links will open the KB article in a new window.

Microsoft KB942630

Error: Xbox LIVE Marketplace is currently unavailable

View products that this article applies to.

When you try to visit the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, you may receive the following error message:

Xbox LIVE Marketplace is currently unavailable. Please check back later.

This error occurs if the Xbox LIVE Marketplace is undergoing system maintenance or if system files that are temporarily stored on your Xbox 360 console are corrupted.

Solution 1: Try again later

The Xbox LIVE Marketplace might be unavailable due to system maintenance. Please wait a few minutes and try again. To check the status of Xbox LIVE, go to www.xbox.com/support and look for a notice that the system is down in the service status area.

If the system is available but you still cannot connect, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Clear the system cache on your Xbox 360 console

The system cache contains temporary files that are used by the Xbox 360 console. Sometimes, removing these temporary files can help fix problems. Here’s how to delete the files and try again:

1. Clear your console cache.
    Microsoft KB971755
    Note Clearing the system cache does not remove your gamertag, content that you have downloaded, or game files from your Xbox 360 storage device.
    1. Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Memory.  
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. 
      (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes:
  1. Restart your Xbox 360 console.
  2. Sign in to Xbox LIVE, and then go to the Marketplace.

If you still can’t access the Marketplace, try the next solution.

Solution 3: Clear the Marketplace system cache on your Xbox 360 console

The Xbox 360 console also stores temporary files for the Marketplace. Sometimes, removing these temporary files can help fix problems. Here’s how to clear the cache:

1. On your Xbox 360 console, go to My Xbox, then select System Settings.
  2. Select Memory.
  3. Select your primary storage device, which is usually the hard drive.
  4. Select System Items.
  5. Select Marketplace System Data.
  6. Select Delete.

Hope this helps, please reply with any progress made. Or lack of progress.

Sorry this didn't help.