I have a low "gamer rep" despite having never played online in my life?

Hi,

I signed up for xbox live a few months or so ago for the sole purpose of downloading game updates and system updates so I could purchase and emulate old Xbox Spyro and Sonic games on my 360. I have never actually played online. I don't even own any games where I have that option (the CoD game in my recent activity was long gone by the time I got Live- I played a friend's copy in 8th grade during that middle school fad)! Sometimes the console says I'm signed in to Xbox Live when I turn the system on, but that's the extent of my typical day of playing games.

I'm pretty much the opposite of an enthusiast gamer. I play kids games once in a while when I'm not studying my booty off for tests and classes, I don't have much interest in anything that would even have the option to play with others over the internet, and I have no idea how this "gamer rep" system works. Even if I did get daring enough to go to the trouble of purchasing a multiplayer game and actually play online, I would keep the headset and the messaging off, and I would never dream of being rude to someone over something as trivial as a game!

So why do I have only 3 stars next to my name? To me, that's an indication that somebody didn't like something that I did. But how could they have gotten a hold of my username? What did I do for them to dislike me? Can I unlink my account from the system since I've never played an online game? I've tried looking up this stuff online, but there is too much info and not enough organization! Even a link to an overview of how to navigate and understand the reputation system would be appreciated.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Everyone starts off with 3 stars so there's nothing that actually happened to put you there.

Gamer rep basically means nothing anyway. It doesn't affect any aspects of Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your stars would go up by playing online  & recieving feedback from other players.

As Smwutches said,it's meaningless & has no affect on anything so you've got nothing to worry about.

Sorry this didn't help.

Like the others said, you always start with three stars. You need to play online some more (without cheating or being very, very annoying of course) to raise your reputation. This is normal.

Sorry this didn't help.