I have 2 WLID one is old and one is new i want to use the new one and i cant change

can i change the email address of my WLID account to my new email address? if so how do i delete my new account?

I tried to change Wlid on my console but it says "The windows live id you're switching to is already linked to another xbox live account. you must use another windows live id."

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there! So you have a GT (GT1) and you want to change the WLID, correct? If the WLID you want to use on it is currently in use on a different account (GT2), you'd need to change the WLID there to free it up, then come back to GT1 to change it there. Does this make sense? Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If I understand correctly, PreciseDrip82 has 2 different gamertags, each associated with a Windows Live ID, and wants the associate  GT1 with the Windows Live ID currently associated with GT2. If that is the case, then he's having the same problem I am.

I changed the WLID associated with GT2 to something completely different with no problem BUT when I tried to associate GT1 with the WLID previously associated with GT2 I get a message that reads

"The Windows Live ID you're switching to is already linked to another Xbox LIVE account. You must use another Windows Live ID".

I double checked what WLID GT2 is linked with and I am absolutely certain that it's not the WLID I want to use for my GT1.

Anyone know what I can do?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try going to your console and Recovering the WLID you believe to be free. If it recovers a profile, then that is the one you must change the WLID of. If nothing comes up, perhaps you simply need to wait a while for it to become free again. Let me know if this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.