I guess i need a new router? or my internet is just that bad

so i came to the forums because i hope you guys can help. ive tried just about everything (i think) and my internet still will not let me play matchmaking. If it lets me join a match within five mins i lag out. I have sitco internet (a local company) i have 512k download and 256k upload. I have the belkin n150 router. i have tried all the steps that were laid out in the sticky post. I cannot connect to my "modem" (its actually a poe, biquiti is the brand, model is ubi poe 24-5) I was doing OK before i had this storm 2 weeks ago that fried my linksys router. i yellow barred the whole time(and that was before i upgraded my internet) but at least i got to play. I just am trying to figure out if it is my isp or my router. i assume router but i wanted to be sure. I also wanted to see if there is anything else i can try. Thanks so much for any help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey mate, just looking at your post, I can tell you that your internet connection is insufficient for smooth online gaming. Personally, I recommend having an upload of around 1 MB, and a download of around 5 MB.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.