I got invitation to Preview Program, message disappeared...

I actually received the invitation last Saturday, about a week ago. I booted up my Xbox One and had to do the latest system update. After the update, the messages were cleared from my xbox, including the invitation. Because I didn't yet go through the entire process of registration, I do not have access to the preview forums. I also asked the individual to send me another invite thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't, which I can understand. My account is probably still pending for me to accept the invitation. I do not have access to the preview forums and I do not have access to the message to accept the invitation... I just need the invitation message resent, why isn't there a "history" for xbox messages tied to the account. Why is the invitation tied to a message that is extremely easy to lose? I recognize the futility of asking these questions here, they should be asked in the preview program forum. Anyway, I currently have been invited but not accepted the message for the preview program. It was lost during a Xbox One system update. I need to have the message resent so it can appear on my Xbox One. I can't post to the preview forums because I never... I think you get the point. :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I apologize for the lack of paragraphs above. Windows 10's Spartan browser and internet explorer won't render forums.xbox.com input controls correctly and apparently neither will google chrome. I am posting this from a windows 8.1 computer that I am using remote desktop to a windows 8.1 install that I am remoting into from vnc. I feel like I am calling all the way to pluto just to have a call rerouted to the next building over... I can't edit the post above anymore either to fix formatting even if I could... Sorry :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

what is the current dashboard version on the console? Since you mentioned you had to do a update.

It is located at Settings - System - Console info.

Please specify the full value, so including the part between ( )

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, thanks for replying.

Information requested is as follows: OS Version 6.2.12998.0 (xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre

I realize the confusion in when I said I updated, I meant basically I haven't updated my console in a while since I have been away.

I got the message from Xbox on the smartglass application and also checked my account on the website to make sure the message was legit before I booted up my xbox one. The xbox one needed a system update and in all of the setting back up again, it must have cleared out all of my messages.

I deleted the message off my account before I asked the original personal who invited me (an xbox ambassador who is very helpful) if they could invite me again. They did send me another invite but my account must be stuck on pending from the original invite.

Anyway thank you for your time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, just to make things clear that is the update that was released to the public in Juni, so not an preview update.  Normally an update doesn't delete any messages, but messages do expire (and remove) after 30 days. Maybe that did happen

Have you checked if the message is still present on xbox.com or via the smartglass app?

Side note: An Invite will not guarantee being accepted to the program.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey WPAK,

Replying after a few days here and still want to resolve this, thanks for replying.

[quote]Ok, just to make things clear that is the update that was released to the public in Juni, so not an preview update.  Normally an update doesn't delete any messages, but messages do expire (and remove) after 30 days. Maybe that did happen

Have you checked if the message is still present on xbox.com or via the smartglass app?

Side note: An Invite will not guarantee being accepted to the program.

[/quote]

My console is not updated to the preview program now.

I believe what happened is I got the message on one of the duplicate accounts I had on my console before I did the stupid thing and cleared them off to readd.

Basically I had added an alias to my account and made the alias my main account name a month or so ago. I then added that alias on my account.

After this update I just mentioned, it made duplicates of the accounts on my xbox one console. So I had no idea which one was the main one or whatever. I deleted them both and added just one back.

I probably deleted the message when I did that. I didn't think about what I was doing when trying to correct the duplication problem. I didn't realize what I was doing when I did that.

That must have did it. In any cause if anyone takes a look at my account, they can see that I got the invitation message.

I know I got the message as I got the message on at least 3 different live devices before I reached the console, I even checked the website. Logged on the xbox live website and saw it listed under my messages. I did delete the message before I asked the original person to send me a second invite though. This was when I learned my account must be stuck pending, I assumed.

I know I can't get invited so my account must be stuck in pending to accept the previous invite or who knows.

If you could send my plea to someone who can help me, if you are unable to help me further, I would really appreciate it.

I was told to come here to post about my problem for support, so here I am.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Xtophre!

I just added the role for you to access and post in the Preview Program Support forum, go ahead and post this over there so the proper folks can help you out! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mr Beep,

Thanks for granting me access, I will go ahead and direct my problem over there as directed.

Appreciate the help from both you and WPAK, have a great day/night/etc.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem but instead it says it was sent and I accepted it but I never got the message the for the support lady it said that the message was deleted please help

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey xSGK Galaxy!

I just added the role for you to access and post in the Preview Program Support forum, go ahead and post this over there so the proper folks can help you out! :)

Sorry this didn't help.