i got hacked (or phished)

i'm thinking they got my login info via the bioware/EA forums that got hacked. Bought a bunch of points - 2 charges were autoreversed by MS, the 3rd was not. I'm being told it takes TWENTY FIVE BUSINESS DAYS to finish this, which is ridiculous. During this time, my account will be locked.  I want to play Gears 3 when it comes out.

Are there any options to just nuke my old account & start fresh? i really dont care about my gamerscore much, i just want to play, thats it. I've already disputed the remaining CC charge and will be getting a credit - funny how the bank can wrap it up in like 2 days.

whats the best,quickest way to get back online? i just want to be able to play. Can i xfer my gold account to a newgamertag or something?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortunately you can't transfer anuthing from one account to another. You will have to start afresh, but you can give it a try and see if Xbox Support will do it for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i may give that a try tomorrow - i would hate to be paying for 2 accounts, so that's my issue. Was supposed to get an email outlining the process, but nothing came in yet. maybe when gears comes out they will give some of those month free cards or something, could possibly just create a second username or something.

Sorry this didn't help.

would i have been smarter to just:

(1) change all my xbox live login passwords & such

(2) just dispute the charge on my CC bill, and never contact MS?

seems if i did it that way, i bypass the "30 day shutdown" or whatever it is.

Sorry this didn't help.