I get 4 or 5 different error messages

I bought a new wireless adapter to finally be able to play xbox live again. However, when I test my xbox live connection, I seem to get a different problem every time. Sometimes I get stopped on the first step, trying to connect to the network. Sometimes I get past that and then am stopped on the xbox live portion of the test. I have gotten 3 different error messages on this step: one telling me I can't connect to Live, one telling me I can connect to Live but my router isn't properly responding to ICMP responses, and one telling me that I'm all connected but my NAT type will restrict my play. Even When I get to that part, it won't actually let me connect to Live. I know the NAT type is fine because another xbox elsewhere in the house plays on live fine, with a wired network though. So since the problem that I have seems to keep changing, I have absolutely no idea how to go about fixing this. It literally is a different error each time. I'm just trying to figure out how the hell I can start playing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Sounds like it could have router and wifi issues. The router is blocking ports and the wifi signal is likely poor.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

With this many issues, I wonder if the issue isn't with the router itself. You can try connecting directly to the modem with an ethernet cable, to see if that resolves the issues. If that resolves the issue, I suggest taking a look at this list of supported routers, as you may want to pick one up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.