I finally tried the X1

I know it's been forever since I have been on here. I am sure I have been missed by some (sarcasm implied). 

-

Anyways, while I was at an event a few months back I got to give the console a whirl. I played Forza and Madden. Though I didn't get a chance to mess with the kinect or the UI, I can say the console seems decent.

-

I knew the console was large, but I was still taken back at how big it really is. 

-

The games looked good. The cars on Forza are absolutely stunning, the environment is a bit flat though. Madden was, well madden.

-

I didn't care for the controller at all. I think its too heavy and too compact. By that I mean the way my thumbs sit on the sticks. On the 360 and other controllers, the pads of my thumbs rest on the sticks. With the X1, they rest on them just under the joints. I had to pull my thumbs back to play and it was uncomfortable.

-

With that being said,  I can still see getting it in the future but probably not until there has been a decent price cut.

-

I hope the rest of you guys that have one are enjoying it. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Congrats in advance for starting a huge flame war.  Good job buddy!

I'm enjoying it, and didn't even have to wait for a price cut! :)

@ Bizarro ----

The only reason a flame war will start on this thread is because of peoples insecurities.

I'm holding the respective pads in my hands right now, and I would argue that they seem to measure up identically in terms of weight.

and the fact that the X1 is like some people's girlfriends.  By saying the X1 is large and the controller is clunky, you are essentially saying their girlfriend is fat and she has man-hands.  

I appreciate the heft of the console for cooling purposes, and the controller suits me fine.  No issues here...

You get used to the controller and in no time I think you will find it is better. As for the size of the thing, who cares? I don't see it being any bigger than my DVR or BluRay player and I don't see people complaining about them.

Ohhhhh, I forgot what forum I was on. Let me rephrase.

-

The X1 was the best thing since sliced bread. It even sang to me and blew out rays of sunshine and butterflies into my living room room.

-

Is that better Bizarro????

Sunshine and butterflies? So Illumiroom was released? :P

@ Warrior....

-

Could you please show me where I complained about the size? I was merely stating my observation of it.

-

@kaeruNkame....hahahaha