I don't want to change discs

I am really wishing I bought digital copies of my games now because I really want the ability to switch a game without having the change out the game discs.

Please please please find a way to let us play disc-less. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If other people didn't b**** and moan when the DRM was announce, that would've happened. I'm kinda with you though, I should've went digital with some games but I don't mind switching discs. But in the future, i'm going digital for the most part.

but when you go to sell your game, or trade it in, you will have something of value. downloaded games are registrations for life with no external value

They do have a way for diskless gaming. Buy the download.

You will never get it with a disk based game as it required DRM and an internet connection which many people demanded to be removed. There is too much potential for people playing the consoles offline without paying for the game.

just buy digital, wow that was hard

Will never happen. Originally you would have only needed to use your disc once then after that play game without disc. It meant the Xbox needing to stay online and game discs were registered to your profile.

But unfortunately loads of people moaned about this feature and Microsoft were forced to reverse it.

The only way to play without disc now is to buy digital.

IMO the Xbox one is not a good now as it would have been if the anti DRM people hadn't spat their dummies out and forced Microsoft to change it.

I like the way they have it setup now.  If you want to buy a disc to later sell or lend to a buddy you can.  If you don't want to get up and walk to the xbox to change a disc, you can download digital.  Anyone who has enough energy to go to a store to buy a game can certainly manage inserting it to play :)

Digital rules. Never going back to discs.

I didn't want to be downloading games at the same time as everyone else, so I bought discs. I do wish DRM hadn't been reversed though. I get broken out of the immersion of Kinect when switching Discs. It's not a breaker, but it's made me realise how much the DRM would have expanded on the Kinect.

Hopefully they'll move quickly on the digital storefront where you can trade digital titles for credit.

[quote user="SPQR ROCKSTARZ"]

but when you go to sell your game, or trade it in, you will have something of value. downloaded games are registrations for life with no external value

[/quote]

Dont know how true this is , but there was some talk around the internet that MS was going to allow you to trade / sell digital games back to them through their own game store.