I don't want my account to Auto Sign-In for XBOX Live.

I no longer want my account to auto sign-in to XBOX live. I might be moving soon, and I won't have access to the internet.

Does anyone know how to turn AUTO SIGN-IN for XBOX live off for my gamertag? This wasn't a problem untill all the online system updates.

Thanks.

I tried blocking XBOX LIVE with parental controls, but that brings up a message that it is blocked. I also turned Auto Sign In (for my profile) on and off. All that does is change the sign-in preference for my gamertag, but it doesn't help with my XBOX LIVE issue.

I simply want to be able to sign into my profile, and then have the option to sign into XBOX live on my own or not (NO AUTO SIGN-IN to live).

If I use a guest account (from when I first purchased the system years ago) I don't have access to all my achievements.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 183 Applies to:

I'm afraid the only way to stop an account automatically signing into Live if there is a connection present is to block access with the parental controls.

However if you have your account set to automatically log-in while the parental block is on, you will not get the Live is Blocked message. However of course you will have to remember to turn the controls off each time you want to connect to Live, then on again when you have finished playing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only way for a profile to not automatically sign in to LIVE is for it to be a local profile. I'm confused about this though; if there is no connection to LIVE when you sign in, you simply press "OK" and move on. Is there some other issue happening here?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.