I don't understand this about gamertags..

So my gamertag was hacked back in 2011.. I reported right away.. stopped the credit card etc.. (which was a hassle because I had to prove it to them that I filed it with microsoft).. my gamertag was moved to BR.. I have emails proving that I had the gamertag.. and also the proof that points were charged to my credit card..

There never was a resolution to my issue.. but now they say that it's been too long for me to try to reclaim my gamertag? what's up with that.?!  it even still exists.. it was something that was taken from me, why is it such a hassle to get it returned?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Call support and they should help u

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Since your gamertag/account was set offline and temporally removed and hidden, your gamertag was no longer used or claimed by you. Someone must have entered in your gamertag and reclaimed it. You cannot have it returned since now that user owns it.

Hope this helped! If you have any other questions just message me on Xbox Live! Gamertag: ArmyRanger149

Sorry this didn't help.

hey I totally understand if that was the case.. but the point is, all my friends are still listed under that gamertag.. if it was reclaimed by someone, then it would list their friends right?

Sorry this didn't help.