I don't have a parent account but it says I do.

So I am 17 and still underage. In order for me to buy apps, music etc I have to agree to the new terms and conditions. However when I agree to them my parents have to agree to them as well by signing into their parent account. But when we got my phone 2 years ago they were not required to make a parent account, so they didn't. So now I can't agree to the terms because my parents do not have an account to sign into and in order to change anything under my account settings I have to agree to the terms and my parents have to sign into their non existent account...Its a never ending circle!!!! I noticed a lot of other people on the forum are having the same problem as well. There has to be a way to fix this. Is there any way for my parents to make an account associated with mine now? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you sign in on the console, you should be prompted for the parental password after typing in your own to agree to the terms of use. This prompt supplies the parental e-mail address. Once you have that, go to accounts.live.com and see if you can reset the password for it. Once that password is reset, you can log in and confirm the terms of service agreement!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not possible to have an account that's a minor without a parental account attached to it. When you enter in a date of birth below 18 (legal age in the US and many other countries) you're automatically prompted to add a parental e-mail. It's literally not possible to make a minors account without parental information.

If you don't know the parental e-mail on the account, or the prompt doesn't show the e-mail associated with the account then you need to contact phone support here.

Once you've found the parental e-mail associated with the account, if you don't know the password to the account you can reset it here, if you can't reset the password, fill out the account recovery form here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.