I don't get the middle button issues......

I see there are a lot of people complaining they want the middle button back, so they can see achievements quickly, bring friends list up etc.

But now you can press the middle button and do anything, not just a simple list of a few things, I would like a few additional speech commands, or maybe a few more options in the menu to go straight to places, but I don't want the middle button back. And I would like better coding to make an integral part a little quicker, but I don't want the middle button back.

I do think the middle button might now be down to the developers of the software to develop their own interaction to friend and achivements, and not the middle button, but it hasn't been done properly because of lack of knowledge, but I could be wrong.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I personally don't understand the issue either as you could also say XBOX then whatever command and that's just as quick .but we all bought our xbox and paid our money do people who would like it to be changed or looked at should be listens to by ms ,we all want the same thing and that's the best experience however that's defined by each individual

some ppl don't like the xbox voice commands, i for one think they only work 50% of the time and i get incredibly annoyed when they don't work and i find myself repeating myself. especially when it only takes a couple seconds to use the button. i think the biggest thing ppl are missing is the way "friends" used to work. right now if you don't want to use voice commands it is laggy and takes FOREVER to get to your friends list. inviting people isn't nearly as quick as it used to be either. i really think it's just how accessible things are atm is the problem.

It will be all defined and fine tuned over and over there no worries there it will be everything you want it to be and perhaps some don't but updates etc will sort everything it's only a month old

[quote user="wallsy01"]

It will be all defined and fine tuned over and over there no worries there it will be everything you want it to be and perhaps some don't but updates etc will sort everything it's only a month old

[/quote]

How do you know that? I've seen nothing from Microsoft stating they will re-vamp the way friends are handled or giving us a quicker way to access friends, messages, invites etc.

Someone thought it was a good idea to change the way we had been doing it on the 360 so believing that they will completely change the UI anytime in the near future is probably wishful thinking,

I really don't have a problem with the user interface either, infact I really like it.

IMO there is very little different the way the friends list is done between the 360 and the one.

the only difference is one step, and the benefits of being able to go to the dashboard far outways bring back the middle button.

There are ways to speed it up, but I don't think bringing the middle back isn't a step forward.

[quote user="EnenDaveyBoy"]

I really don't have a problem with the user interface either, infact I really like it.

IMO there is very little different the way the friends list is done between the 360 and the one.

the only difference is one step, and the benefits of being able to go to the dashboard far outways bring back the middle button.

There are ways to speed it up, but I don't think bringing the middle back isn't a step forward.

[/quote]

You apparently have a different 360 and One than I do, they are completely different. The entire friends/followers thing is a mess, I can no longer add a friend without multiple steps.

The reason your seeing the complaints about the middle button is that we don't want to go back to the dashboard. I want the window to pop to check achievements, invite, messages etc without leaving the game. The old way was simple and fast, I could invite a friend to a game in seconds.

People need to remember ^^^^^^. This is NOT the 360!!!!

Adding friends having to use multiple steps??

What is so difficult about the new friends setup.

☝️

I open your profile select add friend. This makes us followers of each other. You decided at some point hey I enjoy my gaming time with this person and we can be friends you then open my profile and select add friend. We are now friends!

👍

This is in no way different then adding friends before except the person receiving friend request no longer selects except friend, they are to add as friend also.

👌

That's pretty simple still IMO👽

[quote user="Listed mia 510"]

Adding friends having to use multiple steps??

What is so difficult about the new friends setup.

☝️

I open your profile select add friend. This makes us followers of each other. You decided at some point hey I enjoy my gaming time with this person and we can be friends you then open my profile and select add friend. We are now friends!

👍

This is in no way different then adding friends before except the person receiving friend request no longer selects except friend, they are to add as friend also.

👌

That's pretty simple still IMO👽

[/quote]

You just made my point, if you don't see a problem with that then I don't know what to tell you.

The old way....I send you a friends request and you accept. You show up on my friends list which is why I sent you the friends request. Now that's simple.

[quote user="RippenHarra"]

People need to remember ^^^^^^. This is NOT the 360!!!!

[/quote]

I'm still amazed that people make that statement.

Only in the Microsoft forums would someone be accepting of the new model removing or changing features that it took us 8 years to get on the old one.