I didn't know...

Well I accidentally joined what is called  a "10th lobby" in Call of Duty: World at War. I got 11th prestige (Doesn't fit the name I know) And got infected with mods. I didn't realize I had god mode active in different Team DeathMatch lobbies. I got messages saying "Can you give me infections" and i had no idea what that was about. I didn't realize I had god mode on until i got messages saying "I have video proof of you cheating" and "I reported you for hacking" and "Stop cheating and play the game fair!" I had a clan tag called "RAIN" on because when i joined the "10th lobby" he invited me to a party and said when this game ends put the clan tag "RAIN" on. So I did and it looked pretty cool so I left it on. What I am trying to say is I don't think its fair another person is going to get me banned for something I didn't know i had.... When I realized I had it on I went to X-box home immediately. (My friend told me that's how you get rid of "Infections" I really hope I don't get in trouble for this. I have been a long time member and have been banned before and have learned my lesson NOT to hack. I really don't think I deserve punishment. If needed I can supply the hackers gamer-tag who told me to put "RAIN" on and who was hosting the "10th lobby" Just ask and I will post it. Sincerely ~ I H34RT SCOPEZZ.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know if they look for cases accidental infections, but don't be surprised if you get some sort of punishment. May I suggest though try reporting any users you know using these infections and to take a tip or two from this guide-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I really am sad... I joined a game because he told me to.. And i was just in a no gravity lobby "private match" for accepting a game invite. I really really hope i don't get permanently banned. I was trolling people and I really did accidentally activate them.. I would never hack ON PURPOSE FOR ANY REASON. I swear on my life i wasn't using them on purpose.. I can't hack, I don't know how to activate them, I am truly just a kid.. I really don't see why I am gonna get a punishment for an accident. I am seriously gonna cry if i get permanently banned.

Sorry this didn't help.

Reset my Call of Duty rank if you have to just PLEASE don't ban me. It was an accident

Sorry this didn't help.

forums.xbox.com/.../251378.aspx I added more info on what happened

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely understand but the decision lies on the XBLPET...As for the reset, only the developers can assist with that, however I don't believe Activision is helping with this issue any longer since WAW is outdated.

Sorry this didn't help.

So i see no reason i should be banned... do you? I mean its an honest mistake and im being honest and outright telling EVERYTHING that happened.. I enjoy xbox alot and would hate to be banned because its the last time i deal with microsoft problems and as to XBLPET i hope you dont ban me... I've purchased over 500$? of xbox stuff

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="I H34RT SCOPEZZ"]

So i see no reason i should be banned... do you?

[/quote]

Yes you do. You had every chance to leave but didn't. Not to mention World at War has been out for more than a few years. Scuttlebutt on XBL and a good portion of websites is that it is a modders paradise so I'm pretty sure you knew that when you took the invite from a random player. How is this an MS problem? It is the Game Developers responsibility to fix their games to disallow the use of such mods.

In the end, accident or not (which I believe is the likely case here), we are responsible for our accounts at all times.

Sorry this didn't help.

Noo...... So you basically said I deserve to be banned than not.... BTW I've been playing castle miner Z tryna stay away from WAW I dont like modders can anyone believe me?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="I H34RT SCOPEZZ"]

Noo...... So you basically said I deserve to be banned than not.... BTW I've been playing castle miner Z tryna stay away from WAW I dont like modders can anyone believe me?

[/quote]

He does have his point SCOPEZZ, I'm sure you know that the COD series is severely plagued by exploits and the second you were in that lobby you "had the choice" of staying in for a minute or getting out of the lobby ASAP. If you chose ASAP none of this would of happened.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not saying I believe the guy, or not, but I will say that since I don't play those games, I personally would have had no idea going in that there might be "infections" in a game I randomly joined into.  Furthermore, knowing absolutely zero about those games, if we don't die in a custom game, how would I know it wasn't just some screwy game setting within standard parameters?  As for how it's MS' problem?  Well, not entirely their problem, but they do choose to continue dealing with companies/games that allow such exploits to run unchecked, so I'd say there's plenty of blame to go around.  And before anyone chimes in on this point, a big part of that blame goes directly to the modders/cheaters also.  All of which I suppose was a long-winded way of saying, we (those of us random players on the forums that choose to reply) have no way of knowing if this guy is legit, lying, cheating, honest guy that accidentally got into a bad situation, or anything in the middle.  So feel free to jump to whatever conclusions make you feel better, but we can't possibly know until MS investigates it themselves.

Sorry this didn't help.