I changed my gamertag then had to download my gamertag

this was all on my own console - I changed my gamertag then couldn't sign in on this console and had to download my gamertag. WTF. Will this keep happening or is it a one off issue? - why did it happen do you know? It has never happened before when I changed my gamertag, maybe it is the new dashboard doing this ...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Reptileegg,

I understand your frustration completely with having to redownload your profile. What exactly is the issue though? Are you having trouble getting your profile downloaded? Every now and then its best to have to redownload your account just to make sure your email for your Microsoft account and password is correct and also to make sure no one else is accessing it. Let me know if you have any questions I can help answer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

-

It may have been a one time issue, haven't heard anybody about it being something due to the new dashboard.

Maybe something got corrupted for unkown reason which results in you needing to download the profile.

But rest assured it doesn't harm anything to redownload the profile, you won't loose anything.

So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for replies. It did download successfully so hopefully it was a one time issue.

Sorry this didn't help.