I can't tak this anymore!!

What Country/State/Province do you live in? St. Louis, MO
Modem brand & model number:
Netgear CGD24G
Router brand & model number:
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? 64
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? 1 black, 1 white
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? NO
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? ???
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  Charter
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?  Your NAT type is strict! 

II have 3 xboxes and when it comes to playing MW2--1 xbox will connect sometimes with a NAT type of Open and another with a NAT type of Moderate.  The Open NAT type will allow for maybe 2-3 games (30 mins total play).  I followed all of the troubleshooting steps--enabled the UPnP, forwarded ports, etc & still am encountering this problem!! The other xbox's can play online but when it comes to putting in the MW2 disc & playing the game I might as well give up!!  I'm having to listen to more than 1 person sit & cuss out the internet, the xbox & me cuz it WON'T let them play!! Can someone please help!?!?  I'm sick of this & I'm ready to run over the xboxs with my car!!  I've been led to believe it's some setting on ALL 3 of my xboxs but I have no idea what setting & NO ONE will tell me

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

[quote user="MrsPrincess2U"]

...I have 3 xboxes and when it comes to playing MW2--1 xbox will connect sometimes with a NAT type of Open and another with a NAT type of Moderate.  ...I followed all of the troubleshooting steps--enabled the UPnP, forwarded ports, etc & still am encountering this problem!! ... I've been led to believe it's some setting on ALL 3 of my xboxs but I have no idea what setting & NO ONE will tell me

[/quote]

MrsPrincess2U!

Y U NO READ MY POSTS?!

But... but I already told everybody in my NAT explanation post that was stickied here.

*Sniff* Nobody listens to me *sob*...

Please read the part titled "Two or more Xbox consoles for multiplayer at the same time".

There is nothing you can set on your Xbox consoles themselves, as everything regarding NAT issues needs to be managed by your router. Ideally via UPnP. If your router doesn't support UPnP properly for multiple consoles, try to see if there is a firmware update available for your router.

If that also doesn't work, you probably need to buy a new router from the compatibility list linked in my post.

P.S.: Sorry for the image. But your frustrated outcry of "NO ONE will tell me" just made me do it. I just couldn't resist...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.