I cant stay connected to XBL with my wired connection for 2 mins.

I have never had problems until today when I log on to play some Halo Reach and Halo 4 only to see I can't stay connected for no longer than 2 mins. I have cleared my cache, deleted and redownloaded my profile, and I have tried manually entering my ip address and default gateway, I still have problems. I believe the recent system update caused the problem. My Isp is knology and I am using a wired connection, I have no problem using my laptop,ps3, and Wii with my new ethernet cable which I've been using for about a week. I can sometimes stay connected to XBL when I dont try to go into a game right away, I just want to play some Halo Reach and Halo 4 ffs :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Um have you read what he is telling you? The Xbox is hardwired to a router and judging by his player score he has had the account for some time. He has many other device that are working with no trouble. The ISP at this point is not responsible for troubleshooting if he can get on line with anything, at this point it comes down to help from you,( I swear all you people know what to type is 1) Clair your cache and 2) call your ISP.)  why don't you ask him to try removing the update and reinstalling it be aside the issue started with the update.

Try hitting the guide button and going to settings. Go down to system setting and click on storage. After this just nightlight  the hard drive and press ( LB, RB, X, LB, RB,X) then press yes. That should remove the update and reboot you Xbox. When it turns back on it will tell you that you need to install the update.

Let me know if that works

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Knology is my ISP

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TTime81WuzHere,

We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience and we understand your frustration.

You had mentioned that the issues started on Monday. Are they still persisting?

Also, it does not appear that your Arris gateway modem is a supported device for Xbox LIVE. While that may not mean there will be complications for sure, it does mean that it's difficult for us to guarantee Xbox LIVE connectivity.

In this instance, we do recommend that it would be best to contact your ISP. It is possible that your device may need a firmware update, or that your ISP may have additional information and insight into helping you connect to LIVE with the device. Could you please give your ISP a call when you have a moment and let us know if they are able to assist?

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have done a modem reset like 3 times already, I give up. I am going to not waste money for services I have to jump through hoops to just hopefully play some games online, I'll stick with my Wii and Ps3 and leave microsoft alone.My dreamcast was built better for online play than the 360 and that was using dial up lol.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're hardwired from modem to Xbox, there's no UPnP to set.  www.arrisi.com/.../cm550_users_guide.pdf has more info on the modem but, honestly, I'd suggest a chat w/ your phone company asking their tech to do a modem reset.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? us/Georgia/

Modem brand & model number: Arris CM 550A/NA 171530

Router brand & model number: no router

CONNECTION: WIRED

Things you have tried:Cleared cache 3 times, deleted profile, downloaded profile, unplugged 360 slim all night and unplugged modem for 5 mins and replugging both up,tried various ethernet cables, changing ip address and default gateway, and clearing cache again.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown- Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? nat type 1

Any Error Codes you encounter: nope

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  knology

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-000B

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-48E0

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:0015-10F0

Q:8007-0435

T:Wired

D: 75.76.84.102/75.76.84.103

S:

C:

Sorry this didn't help.

More usefully, please

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.  

If the problem persists, please send us the info we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

CONNECTION: WIRED

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  knology

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

Sorry this didn't help.

As of right now, there have been multiple users with similar complaints involving the recent console update. The developers/Xbox teams are most likely investigating the issue involving the update and may fix the issue asap. I apologize for the inconvenience in which you cannot connect to XBL. Try changing your IP address/DNS to see if you can get things working correctly, but if that does not help then the issue will more likely be the update. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have any!

Sorry this didn't help.