i cant retreive deleted gamertag as email has expired. please help!!!

my gamer tag got deleted by mistake. but i cannot retrieve it as the windows live id has expired (will never use hotmail again!) was wondering if there was any other way of getting it back? please help

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

without having the windows live ID and password I do not see how it would be possible to recover without it, sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

davemcfly85 is correct. If the email account has fallen dormant, then unfortunately recovery is not possible.

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks, but surely xbox shouldn't allow emails that can go dormant be linked to a profile. iv lost days of game play, achievements and money all because xbox is lazy and couldn't give a fudge about its customers.

personally i think i should be compensated for the remaining gold membership and spent ms points, but i cant see that happening. so instead i think ill sell my xbox and buy a ps3, at least then i wont have to fork out £40 just to play online and then have it all taken away!!!  

Sorry this didn't help.

It is NOT Microsoft's responsibility to keep YOUR personal information, including e-mail and passwords, up to date. That would be YOUR responsibility. YOU let your e-mail account go dormant.

You will not be compensated for YOUR mistake.

As for your comment on the PS3, you may be correct in not having to shell out 40 pounds to play online, you just have to worry about hackers getting your personal information and using it to run up thousands of dollars. I'll stick with a safe and SECURE network/service. Have fun on PSN.

Sorry this didn't help.