I can't connect to Xbox Live!

One moment, I was playing Kinect Sports online, the next moment, I lost connection to Xbox Live. I'm trying to reconnect, but it won't let me. Can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Have you ran the diagnostic?  What message are you getting?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It will most likely say something about now able to get a IP.

That ATM can not be fixed. At random times you can connect and sometimes not. "That's how i am"

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Joshua, most often we're able to help resolve connection issues. If you're still unable to connect, Noobs, provide that info from the LIVE connection test.

Sorry this didn't help.

i got banned from xbox live because my friend secretly modded behind my back help my account banned is snipingdawg88

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having trouble connecting as well, but my situation is a bit different. My cable Internet connection had been dropping 8 - 10 times a day. So we swapped out the cable modem, no more dropping, but now my 360 won't connect to the internet.

Specs:

Cisco / Linksys WRT120 Wireless N router

Cisco SPC 3010 Cable modem

Charter Internet - 15Meg package

The only thing changed was the cable modem.

Things tried:  Everything on the Xbox 360 support help, reset router to factory defaults and reconfigured, Manual and automatic setting for both IP and DNS settings.

The 360 will connect to the network and all computers on the network, it will run the Xbox live test, connect to the network then fail when attempting to connect to the Internet.

I even had Charter come test the modem. They found spikes in the signal to the modem, and they fixed that, but no luck changing my no connect issue.

HELP!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, novots4. For any questions regarding a ban you will need to post in this forum: forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

SweepingAce, sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting to LIVE. The best way for us to help you would be to have you create a new thread detailing out your issue. In addition, let's have you take a look at this sticky and if necessary fill out and post your responses to the questions in bold at the bottom: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx. This will enable us to provide you with the best support possible. Thank you in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same problem , my youngest son and i cant connect to live, but my oldest can 1 ! ! ! tested the cnnection as recomended and its fine , try to sign in and it comes up 80150101 code and service alert . the only thing i can think of is my oldest son doesn't cloud save and the other two accounts do . HELP WOULD BE GOOD ! Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Homer! It sounds like your issue was related to the service outage we had today. The issue is now resolved so make sure to test your connection again right now if you haven’t recently! For more information please refer to our sticky post on the SERVICE ALERT (forums.xbox.com/.../1498012.aspx). If you continue to experience connection issues take a second to review our START HERE sticky post (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) for connection issues and post back with the information requested in bold. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.