i cant connect to xbox live and need help really bad

ok we had a bad storm that hit saturday everything was turned off but my router got messed up somehow and wouldnt register the internet cord was in the back of my xbox everything was working fine except it but we had to get a new router the problem is when i go to log online it says its not working an makes me test the connection the probelm there is it isnt showing the check beside wired connection but the wire is in both the router and xbox good does anybody have a solution for this i would really love it thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

So you replaced the router entirely, so the bit about the storm doesn't matter so much anymore. Now you cannot connect to LIVE unless you run the connection test first? If you plug a different device into the router, does it automatically connect (laptop, etc)? Have you tried completely resetting your router and modem?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i cant even get it to say i have a wired connection in it always pops up *u must have a internet cord in both yr xbox and modem or router to do this* but i have them both connected just fine i had to get a internet guy to reset everything could it be my new ip address? an i have trying reseting everything it didnt work 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, if there was a storm and your ethernet cord is no longer being detected by the console, there's a good chance the port will need to be replaced. You can try another cord to be sure, but you will likely need to call phone support at 800-4MY-XBOX to set up a repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok thank u all for your help ive called support am just going to get a new xbox probably but thanks for using your time to try to help me

Sorry this didn't help.