I cant connect to a party with someone if we both have tds internet service

I have tds internet. I can connect to anyone who does not have tds. i cannot connect to anybody with tds. The problem is tds is the only internet provider in my area and just so happens all my friends have the same issue. We have tried changing ip addresses, port forwarding, changing nat types to open. restoring defaults, contacted xbox and hours later still no solution, contacted tds.. hours later still no solution, contacted modem manufacturer... hours later still no solution. changed dmz changed ip address changed ports changed everything imaginable... still no solution. checked forums no solution... I can connect to anybody but people with the tds. I dont get it and feel like im being cheated by all parties involved. Is there a viable solution? please help before i buy a playstation.    I did have bright house and could connect to the people with tds but they could not connect to each other. I now have tds and guess what nobody can play. I have read, changed stuff, read more, sat on hold sat on hold and sat on hold. Please provide a solution I have an 360 slim and so do my friends and we all have action tec modems but different models.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

Hello

Party problems?

You can start an Xbox LIVE party and invite up to seven friends to watch a movie, play a game, or just chat online. For information on how to start a party, see Xbox LIVE messaging, chat, and parties.

If you’re having problems with an Xbox LIVE party, try the solutions below.

Can’t hear or talk to someone in a party?

If your friends can’t hear everyone in the Xbox LIVE party, see Troubleshoot problems with Xbox LIVE chat.

Can’t join a party?

If you can’t join an Xbox LIVE party, try the following solutions.

Solution 1: Have everyone in the party test their Xbox LIVE connection

Someone in your party might have a Network Address Translation (NAT) problem. To find out, have everyone test their connection. Here’s how:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so).
  4. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

A NAT warning appears as a yellow exclamation point:

If someone has a NAT warning: Have your friend try the solutions in the following article: Error: Your NAT type is set to strict (or moderate).

Solution 2: Use a broadband connection

You might experience problems joining parties if you are using a satellite connection or a 4G mobile broadband connection. We recommend using a broadband cable, DSL, or fiber Internet connection.

Frequently disconnected from Xbox LIVE?

If you are frequently disconnected from Xbox LIVE, see Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE game play and chat.

Xbox LIVE game play is slow

If Xbox LIVE party game play is slow, see Improve Xbox LIVE speed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Obviously didn't read the question or you would have tried to answer the question

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, TODDKILGARD. Thanks very much for bringing your question to the forums. We'd be happy to help you get this resolved. To start, can you please fill out the following information for us? Thanks in advance!

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had the same problem with TDS. They will tell you it's a Microsoft problem, Microsoft will tell you it's a TDS problem.  After years of the same issue I finally found the solution. It's the "PPPoE" settings in your modem.  It changes how your modem connect with TDS. It WILL fix your issue. If you need help configuring it you can call the tech support and they will walk you through it, though it is really easy.

Sorry this didn't help.