I Cannot recover my Xbox Live Account...HELP!!!

To Whom It May Concern,

The disk tray on my Xbox 360 broke, and so I bought a new Xbox 360 the next day. After inserting my 250 GB hard drive and attempting to recover my gamertag I realized that I would need to find my windows live ID and password.

In short, I know my windows live ID but cannot for the life of me figure out the password. When I attempt to figure out the password all I do is lock myself out of the system. I then received an e-mail telling me, "At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather", and that "best option" has not proved to be very good.

To further exaserbate the situation the e-mail that it is associated with is an account that I no longer have access to (former cable provider who canceled my account when I terminated services).

I contacted (800) 4myxbox and they refered me to http://www.answers.microsoft.com which I cannot get to load. They then directed me here.

Here is what I DO have.

-Access to both the broken and new Xbox 360 (the broken one lets me sign in, but doesn't read discs because the tray is broken).

-All information on my life, address and puchasing methods EXCEPT my windows live password (and I am possibly getting my security question wrong).

What else can I do? Can anyone help me or is my account, over a year of prepaid Xbox Live and TONS of downloaded content just gone forever?

HELP! 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

Hi,

Unfortunately this wouldn't be something we can assist you with. The place that Xbox Support via phone provided you was correct. The issue you're having is a Microsoft Account issue, your Xbox LIVE account just happens to be tied with that account. Microsoft Accounts are used for far more services than just Xbox LIVE which is why a specific team handles account requests such as yours.

You would need to continue working with the Microsoft account team by filling out the account recovery forms located at this link here if you've been unsuccessful in resetting your password.

That would be your one and only way of getting the e-mail changed over to something else, and have access to the account again so you can download the profile to another console successfully.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And, the ACSR process will give you a Reference Number. If Microsoft Accounts declines to reset your password after you complete the ACSR questionnaire, collect that Reference Number and call 1-800-4MY-XBOX Option 2, or click on http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:3 - change the red US to your country code if you're not in the US

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.