I CANNOT CONNECT TO XBOXLIVE

OK SO I HAVE 2 CONSOLES 1 IS MINE THE OTHER IS MY SONS. MY SYSTEM IS NOT THE BETA TESTING BUT HIS IS. I SIGNED INTO HIS SYSTEM A FEW DAYS AGO NOT REALIZING IT WOULD CONVERT MY PROFILE TO THE BETA  TESTING.   SO ALL MY MICROSOFT POINTS ARE NOW THE CURRENCY. SO I HAVE TO PURCHASE THINGS ON HIS SYSTEM WHICH IS FINE. BUT AS OF TODAY I CANNOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT ON HIS SYSTEM. I SIGN IN AND IT SAYS SORRY THERES A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT PLEASE VISIT ACCOUNT.LIVE.COM FOR HELP ERROR CODE 831188FE   I ALREADY DELETED MY PROFILE CLEARED SYSTEM CACHE 2 TIMES TURNED OFF MY SYSTEM UNPLUGGED IT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES TURNED IT BACK ON (OF COURSE AFTER PLUGGING IT BACK IN) RE DOWN LOADED MY PROFILE AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS.   CAN I GET SUM HELP ON THIS PLEASE !!!!   IT MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE I HAVE NOT HAD THIS PROBLEM UNTIL TODAY I HAVE PLAYED MANY TIMES ON HIS SYSTEM AFTER HE BECAME THE BETA TESTER

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hello PlacidCash I am a network technician and I know how to solve this problem. First

it will depend on what brand of router you are using. I use A Linksys router because it is

reliable and the tech support is the best. Since Linksys routers have Firewall to protect

you from outsiders you need to set certain ports to listening mode. That means you need to

open ports that Xbox Live Server requires.

Other brands of Router that doesn't have firewall doesn't need this. The ports are 53, 80,

88, and 3074.

Since you are trying to make two Xbox consoles use those ports and you are trying to

connect to a server, what you need to do is to use Port Range Triggering.

You can't use Port Range Forwarding since it will only set those ports into listening mode

to the IP address you set it. So if you use Port Range Forwarding it will only be

open/available to one console(the one using the IP address).

YOU NEED TO USE PORT RANGE TRIGGERING. Disable Port Range Forwarding and DMZ.

YOU NEED TO ENABLE UPnP as well if your Linksys router have this option (other model

doesn't have this option but it is said to be enabled in default settings according to

their tech support). TO SOLVE THE LAG problem set your MTU size to 1364.

This settings will work even if you have one or multiple consoles running behind the

router. Just remember that you need to make sure first that you have a good connection

from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Online gaming consumes a lot of bandwidth. So

just couple things to do. Trigger the ports at the Port Range Triggering, set MTU to 1364

and make sure UPnP is enabled. Please give me feed backs after you tried it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is what I found on the code:

"Error 831188FE occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox LIVE

Problem

If you get the following error code when you’re trying to sign in to Xbox LIVE, there may be an issue with your Microsoft account or gamertag:

831188FE

Solutions

Solution 1: Delete your gamertag, clear your cache, and recover your gamertag

Unplug any accessories attached to your console, such as a headset, the Xbox 360 Chatpad, or the Kinect Sensor.

Delete your profile. For more information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox 360 profile.

Clear your system cache twice. See How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache.

Recover your gamertag. For more information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

Restart your console.

If you keep getting the error and you’re a beta user, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Post your question on the beta forums

If you’re still experiencing this issue and you’re a beta user, go to the Xbox Beta forums to see if this error has been addressed there. If not, post a question there."

Now, it seems it may be beta related, but if it's his account that is in the beta, then you can't get to the forums.

Can you access your account on your own system?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.