i cannot connect to my PC but i can stream from it?

i have been sitting here for hours trying to get this

i have my xbox setup connected to my pc i can stream music video pics from the pc but i cant connect to the pc to get on live.

if i connect it to the router i get live straight away if i connect it to the laptop i get live straight away. 

reason i want to connect to the pc is so i can use live through my tethering so i can have better internet speeds ( my 3g connection is faster then me adsl go figure)

and the misses wont let me use the laptop :-( 

i tried a static ip address but it wont see it together at all.

on another note why can i stream and not link up either way im over it and i need to fix this problem

PLZ HELP

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can stream because the "streaming" does not use your 3G connection.    When you try to use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on a PC, the 3G connection has to support it.      Perhaps your 3G connection does not support "sharing".  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i think you missed what i was saying forget about the internet connection.

i cant connect my computer to my xbox to get them to talk to each other so i can go online when i want to, HOWEVER

even though they are not talking i can stream information (videos pics and music) but when i run the network test from the xbox it says their is no connection and that my router isnt assigning a dhcp ip address. so i tried static and it wont let me do static either.

but when i hook it up through the router and disconnect the internet it all hooks up and works. which is the less optimum connection.

i tried bridging my two connections that didnt work either.

all i want is my computer to talk to my xbox ( i really hate windows 7, xp networking was easier to use) then i can do the rest

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried following these steps to connect through your PC?

Sorry this didn't help.