I cannot believe this....

Lol I am sorry but I call a scam on this story on gamestop.com ahahahahaha

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-who-paid-750-for-photo-of-xbox-one-gets-free-system/1100-6416609/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's a genuine story that was in all the news outlets here in the UK.

-

Sadly it is another case of people not reading the descriptions of items before they bid on them.

He did read the description.  In the original story about him he said that he saw it said "photo only" but disregarded it.

[quote user="onyx62is"]

He did read the description.  In the original story about him he said that he saw it said "photo only" but disregarded it.

[/quote]

You are not lying there he did say that to. I remember.

This is a pretty despicable scam really but it happens to a lot of people who don't read ebay descriptions carefully. (and if he did, but still bid on it, that's pretty confusing)  People will be petty thieves in any way they can get away with it.  For that reason, when I'm buying something I always check out their rating and how long they have been in business.  For me it's 10 years and 100%.

Why 10 years? That's quite a while for an eBay seller to have been around. As long as the seller has good feedback and high DSR ratings then you shouldn't have much to worry about. eBay also has protection policies in place (which I've used a couple of times successfully) so if you don't get what you paid for then you get your money back as long as you ship it back to the seller, just like this guy did. 

I have never used ebay, but the guy who bought this is quote frankly an idiot. If the decription says a photo of xbox one, why would you expect anything other than a picture?

[quote user="Lestat573"]

Why 10 years? That's quite a while for an eBay seller to have been around. 

[/quote]

oh, I mean't that's me.  I'm ok if someone has been in business for at least 3 years, 1,000+ sales, and has a 99.8% or above.  

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

I have never used ebay, but the guy who bought this is quote frankly an idiot. If the decription says a photo of xbox one, why would you expect anything other than a picture?

[/quote]

Well maybe he saw it but didn't really focus on it.  You know how you skim through text sometimes?  Anyway, I wouldn't blame the victim.  The guy that did it is the type of person that makes people apprehensive to trust others on ebay.  I hate scam artists.  

I guess I'm the only one that thought that guy was a little dense.

Must admit, twas a clever scam, or a foolish consumer.