I can't stream. How do I change parent accounts?

So I've spent all freaking day trying to stream on Twitch through my Xbox One console but with no success. The error code I keep getting states the account I am using is underage yet with the birthday I have set for the account, it should say I'm 18. However, I cannot change my privacy settings on my main account as it says "To change your settings, ask your parent to sign in and choose your gamerpic in Settings" and I still have to go through the "parent" account to change those settings. Can someone please help me because I am utterly frustrated right now. I just want to know if it's possible to transfer the parent "powers" to my main account or if anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great. Thank you and have a nice day.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If the account you are using has the correct birth date (meaning the age on the account is 18) it is automatically promoted to an adult (parent) account. The birth date cannot be changed from what it was when the account was created. Are you able to access the settings from your account?

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.