I can't sign into my profile

First of all it takes an obnoxiously long time to start up my xbox.  Then every time that I try and sign into my profile, I get a black screen, then it asks me to select an avatar just like when you try to create a new profile.  I'm signing into my current one, not creating a new one.  I know that my membership is valid because it is not even close to the expiration date.

Never had this problem before the last dashboard update, and I'm really starting to get pretty pissed off over it.  

Fix?

I can't clear my hard drive cache because I can't sign into my freaking profile to do so, I've tried restarting and it does absolutely nothing.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Well since I can't edit my post

I finally signed in, but I have no avatar, no gamerscore, the dashboard is horridly slow, and nothing is loading.  Everything on my hard drive is still there, but it won't stop prompting me to choose an avatar.  My old one has somehow disappeared along with my gamerscore and my achievements.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay fixed it never mind.

I just took the disc out of the tray, pressed and held the power button for about 30 seconds, took the hard drive off, unplugged it, put the hard drive back in, plugged it back in and restarted it and it finally worked for some reason....

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you really sure it's fixed now?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Sorry this didn't help.