I can't sign into my account!

I've tried signing into my account and it just comes up with "Sorry, we cannot sign into this profile right now. Please try again later" with some code I do not remember. Someone suggested recovering my account, so I've tried that but now it's deleted my profile from my xbox completely and whenever I try again, it comes up with:

"Sorry, Xbox LIVE profilers can't be downloaded right now. Try again later." The code that comes up changes each time, but it is currently saying: 80072741.

Can someone please help me and either give me a reason why this is happening, and/or a solution? It's be much appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Ive had the same problem i havent been able to play at all because of this

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To all that are seeing this issue,

There aren't any ongoing issues that would effect profile download at this time. That said, if you're experiencing this error I encourage you to try downloading the profile to a different storage device to see if that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem and my account has dissapeared from my xbox its like it was never there please help

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Squirrel! There was a service outage for Xbox LIVE yesterday that prevented some people from downloading their profiles. Give it a try again today (here's a guide: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete) and let us know if it doesn't work for you! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Cerb, I am having the same issue, however due to power outage or LIVE service my profile was corrupted(I only noticed this now after experiencing the above mentioned behavior). I assumed that this is why I was unable to sign in, knowing I could just download my profile I deleted just the profile and not any of the items or content associated with it. Upon attempting to download my profile to my USB storage device I received the blade swipe stating, " Hi MacMil! Downloading you game info" with a progress bar. The blade swipe then disappeared with no result, attempting a 2nd time resulted in the error described above. Powering off the console I re-attempted this process but this time tried to download to my HD. This time the Download profile screen appeared with my profile and Gamerscore and 90sec spinner to check the box saying, "Remember my password". So... success I have my profile back but now I am receiving a msg I have seen before stating that my content is limited due to no connection to LIVE.

Your service is definitely having issues as it signs me in then tells me I don't have a connection to live even though opening the Guide gives me options to send msgs ect. that are not available when not signed in or not signed into a LIVE enabled profile. Sometimes it allows me to sign in but signs me out at any selection that I make whether I am selecting to play a title or view LIVE content. I am a software tester but currently so many variables that I have no control over, I am unable to lock down the issue. Testing my connection re-establishes my connection however this the perpetual loop part as when I go back to sign in I then re-experience all of the above stated issues.

Finishing up I deleted my profile again, reset my router, downloaded my profile again to my HD, tested my connection using the LIVE service functionality, signed in.... no more problems....

Sorry this didn't help.