I can't redownload my Xbox account

Yesterday I was playing with my friends and I randomly disconnected from Xbox live, I tried signing back in but it said something about security proofs . I entered in my email and password but it said error 8015D002, i looked it up on Xbox.com and it said "This may mean there’s a problem with your account. For example, the security information for your account may need to be updated". I tried all the solutions and nothing really worked! I decided to go to sleep and hope that will fix it but in the morning it didn't do anything. I cleared the system cache and reset the console, I went on account.live and it didn't work . Then I deleted my account and tried to redownload it but it said these very words"This email address or password isn't valid.Try again." Now I can't redownload my profile I made another account but I'm afraid that the credit card that I used for that account will keep charging it money month after month after month. And I need the password to cancel the payment which I can't since I can't redownload my profile and or sign into Xbox.com to cancel it, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 86 Applies to:

Hi Unbeatable8R, sorry you’re have the issues.

Your post says, “Then I deleted my account and tried to redownload it”. You can’t download a deleted account.

You also say, “Now I can't redownload my profile I made another account but I'm afraid that the credit card that I used for that account will keep charging it money month after month after month.” I’m sorry but I don’t know which profile your referring to? Is this they old account or the new account? If this is the new account you can sign into the account and cancel the auto-payment.  

You also say, “And I need the password to cancel the payment which I can't since I can't redownload my profile and or sign into Xbox.com to cancel it,” Again, I’m sorry but I don’t know which profile your referring to? Is this they old account or the new account? If this is the new account your password should be valid if your account is new and your proofs are up-to-date.

If you did not receive or respond to a validation code when you verified your proofs you won’t be able to download your account.  

You can only have your account active on one console at a time.  If you’re account is active on another console (other than the one you’re are trying to use) the solutions you found on the support forum will not work.

Your console may have a hard drive issue. Try turning off your console. Remove the hard drive and reinsert it and turn on your console. Delete Your Profile. Go to Settings, and then select System. Select Storage. Select All Devices. Select Gamer Profiles. Select the gamertag  that you want to delete. Select Delete. Select Delete Profile ONLY. Confirm your deletion as prompted.

Clear System Cache, do it 3 times! Go to Settings, and then select System. Select Storage.  Highlight Hard Drive, and press Y, Select Clear Cache, and press Yes. Do this 3 times! Turn off your console and wait at least 30 seconds. Then Restart Console.

You can also attempt to recover either or both accounts.  If you don’t have access to your email or passwords but you will have to validate any proofs associated with your account.  Here’s the link to attempt to recover:  https://account.live.com/acsr

Your account credit card issues cannot be addressed through these forums. You will have to contact Xbox Live Support by phone. (800) 4MY-XBOX

In the unlikely event your account has been suspended, you will not be able to access your account under any condition.  Please check the email associated with your original account for more information.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Unbeatable,

Just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to get everything sorted out.

Please let us know if you have further support needs.

@ FLOAT - Glad to hear you were able to get everything running smoothly. Happy gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh now we have 80151011.

I haven't signed up for 2 step verification, I've already verified my account information, I've already cleared the cache, I've tried to re-download my profile, I've reset the console and deleted and re-downloaded the system updates.  I'm getting mightily cheesed off!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Springer, I did not know that, or more exactly: hadn't thought it through. :}

Floating Goat... I'm glad your issue was resolved and you can play.  Now I know that 2 step verification is another possible solution.  Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

""Your post says, “Then I deleted my account and tried to redownload it”. You can’t download a deleted account. ""

Yes you can if it's a live account. Your statement only applies if it's a profile that was never live connected, then it's gone if deleted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok managed to get through to Nikole on support chat.  I had to sign up my account for 2 step verification, then create an app password (a Microsoft generated 16 digit password for use on the Xbox360).  Turned on console used my email and this new 16 digit password and everything works again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem.  tried to log into Xbox live yesterday, was ask for email and password (which are correct, it's how I'm posting on here!)  got error 8015D002.  Logged in via PC and verified my security details.  Tried on console same issue.  Today we have same problem but error code has changed to 80151103 which is banging on about downloading profiles (all I was trying to do was log into Live).  One of the suggestions on the error code pages (after clearing cache etc etc) was to delete profile off console are recover from live.  Well guess what same issue again.  Asks for email and password, looks like it's going to download profile (mentions gamertag by name) then error 80151103.  Might have to trade my console in for one which actually has some support!

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem Xuxiis... I kinda troll correct other Ambassadors. After all, we are all on a learning journey.

Sorry this didn't help.