I can't receive or deliver messages on Xbox live

Hey guys, for a few days now I've been having trouble with my Xbox, first it started making this loud noise so I imeidatly shut it off and ejected the disc to find a white ring all the around it! So I decided to get online and try something else, but when I was on I called up my boy and asked him to join my party, I called him because he generally joins on the 1st invite, but he told me that he wasn't even getting them, so I tried to send him an actuall message and it said cannot send message so I had him send me some invites but I didn't get one so I shut off my Xbox shut down my router, and re downloaded my profile and all that has happens was that my Xbox seems to be getting really hot really fast all of a sudden, so I don't know what else to try guys and this is just getting rediculus, I've been an Xbox user since 2009 and I've gone through 5 frikin xbox's, quote frankly the only reason I'm staying with Xbox is because I have a warranty on them where I will get a new one in 2 weeks but I am seriously thinking of getting a PS3 because all of the Xbox's I've had have either scratched a ton of games, gotten the red ring of death or just stop working, and I know that some of you out there are all like " it prob scratched the cames because you moved it" but I haven moved my Xbox since I got it for my birthday Febuary 4th ONLY 69 days!!!!! That is what makes me mad and yea actually 69 days lol. But if you know what's wrong or have any suggestions please help, my email is [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MS ACCOUNT] thx!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

DELETE THIS RIGHT AWAY!! NEVER PUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN A FORUM POST!!!

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is it an S console? Is it properly ventilated? As far as the disc being scratched yeah I'd be hesitant to put another in there also, maybe try a crap movie or cd you don't care about. I'm still using a original Elite and the only time it's ever scratched a disc is when my dog knocked it over or the kids were jumping around.

The party invite thing, if that was yesterday/last night that was a known issue that I think has been resolved.

Have you tried installing the discs? That way it only really runs at start up and then your playing from the hard drive.

Also check the power brick when it's on and see if the light is different. I'm not that educated on hardware issues but it does sound like something may need to be fixed if the problem persists.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.