I can't play content downloaded after a license transfer.

I'm under the family plan membership, so when I wanted to purchase Minecraft, my dad had to do it because he's the only one who can get Microsoft Points. When he bought it I played and that was all well and good. The problem is now we have a new Xbox console, and when he re-downloaded it, it comes up as an arcade TRIAL game. So I signed into my account, went into the system tab, then went to license transfer, and then transferred the licenses over to the new Xbox. Then deleted Minecraft and redownloaded it again using my dad's account through the download history. This is SUPPOSED to fix the problem, however it didn't. I still can't use the content even after restarting the console.

Please help me! I don't want to have to spend money buying all my content again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

a few questions.

1. were all of you sharing the same xbox before?
2. you got a new xbox, was this going to be for one person only or is it still being shared with all users and replacing the original console?

It didn't work since you did a license transfer with your account...and like it mentioned above, your dad bought it with his account.
If the new xbox is going to hold both yours and your dad's account, you can do a license transfer with his account. After his transfer is complete, he can then redownload the game. Since the game is already on your HDD, it will only take 5 seconds to acquire the new license. After that is complete, all of the users on the new xbox should be able to play the game again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It won't because he bought it. To play it online, you must use the account which bought it.

He could provide points to you through the Family Allowance option, or buy you a PPC Points card so you can purchase games in your own account. That's how the Xbox Family Plan system works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.